Lets talk player retention

Disclaimer this is a rant with no proper structure or given solutions (unless I do) but more of just brain spew that hopefully inspires a topic/conversation or the devs

Firstly, how do you retain players that aren't dedicated, hold no position in the community and when there are servers out there such as synapse, Willard which provide all something in common, an atmosphere and realism, our server at the moment seems more arcadish and in some cases more like a sandbox.

Right now, on the server as a citizen you spawn in, get you ration annoy a CP, get killed and respawn. This is because on the server there is no value of life and nothing more to do. Although you do lose your items when you die, that is it.. it does not affect those minging or those who just hopped on and there is no cooldown period for people who are heated over something, this can be fixed by a little bit of a longer respawn timer or the ability for CPs to actually stop these minges/people who are on here to just get killed respawn and do it again. CP's need a way to stun or immobilise so they can cuff them and jail them.

Atmosphere, although we do have a shit ton of atmosphere on the map, trees, random props and sounds I personally feel the server is a bit too.. bright there needs to maybe be less bright colours? or maybe a more vintage look for the player as the server does not seem to be a dystopia ruled by an oppressive regime but a dark rp cops and robbers GTA typpa deal?

Food/Hunger, I would say this is mostly what is currently responsible for this lack of atmosphere, synapse does this very well for example, there are a lack of resources without have to struggle to find them, or work which links into what make businesses actually function aswell as CWU and potentially a ministries etc etc. Anyways, point being just walking the to the RDC and getting ur food to fill you is what makes the server the way it is. You do not struggle for survival or have incentive to explore, work and even participate with the server.

Stamina/Running, this is a very big problem for me, stamina is infinite, allowing for run and gun, giving the feeling that traversing the map is more of run down your sandbox world than anything else. Running takes from the realism and the oppressive feeling that would should experience on HLRP.

Server timetable, the playtime lacks proper structure, a timetable gives oppression, realism and an atmosphere. Currently you can just work whenever u want, do whatever you want, get rations whenever u want, walk whenever u want. A timetable would make it so CP's are able to supervise citizens more closely and makes it so the server isn't just "GTA Free roam". In addition this allows to structure the CWU to more like importance and a bigger feeling of your actually working through work shifts and better rewards etc.

Jail, it shouldn't just be a TP thing but you actually prosecute the person and take them to jail, they should be tped out since people won't remember to release them

Game flow, currently the flow feels very choppy.. you want to, you hit a button and get TPed to become a CP. Bored? now ur OTA. Bored? Now ur CWU etc etc. there needs to be more of an RP process to getting to each stage. You might say "oh but then people are stuck doing 1 thing". and with PK's it would ensure the cycle of new people coming to supervisory positions

CP's currently.. you get XP and that's it, you do not get rewarded for doing your job

This is it for my rant, expect more some other time

Imperial, as well as other members of upper management, have talked about the identity of the server in great lengths. We feel it is worthwhile to produce updates so as long as it has a measurable yield that can justify the time spent producing said content. Please refer to the comments spoken to you directly in Discord (y)

Reactions: AstralTiger
I’m glad to state that we’ve been making great strides in development and I’m very excited for what the future has in store for us.

• Star Catcher
Reactions: Sheriff

Users who are viewing this thread