Other Map rotation and map suggestion (EDITED MAP SUGGESTION TO I24)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHEEKI-BREEKI_

HL2RP Events Leader & Overwatch Faction Lead
Staff Team
Apr 15, 2024
(EDITED MAP SUGGESTION TO I24 with pictures)
I24 matches the server custom map theme as the name literally says its the industrial version of it. This offers a more optimized and reworked I17 that requires little to no work for it to be functional.
I strongly believe this exact version should be added to the map rotation system as it perfectly matches the servers current map C24

I wanted to suggest some map rotation system so people don't get burned with the same thing after a while

( This doesn't mean that the current map is bad or anything like that. )
We can also get some cool map changes events and a good use to the trainstation with the relocation of the civis

I will suggest this map because it's the most atractive map for players on hl2rp and most iconic one in my opinion

rp_wn_industrial24_v1_5

Workshop link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3130877181

This map simply has little to no defects.

The map allows for us to get:
- the scanner (they have an opening to the plaza to deploy)
-APC every road on this map is designed to fit one.
-Airwatch for OZ.
-easy to learn city, 404, sewer and OZ.
-multiple broadcasts systems.
-A skybox that allows the passive spawn of NPCs and event NPC spawners with preset locations.
-Many apartment buildings that can be divided by the loyalist tier.
Warehouses, a CMU and a possible ICT building.

I can't really list all the things with the maps but those are some of the ones that I believe could impact the server.

1722171993757.png

1722172069575.png

1722172111067.png

1722172288033.png

1722172410867.png

1722172556269.png

Putting up these pictures as an example.

CHEEKI-BREEKI_ | ODL.FIST-0

Attachments

• 1722172698969.png
    1722172698969.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
My personal issue with this map are as follows. This map has been used in almost every Impulse HL2RP server created, which not only makes it very repetitive, but also bland and unfun, we have also had a similar map and that proved to be very unfitting for the player base we currently have, even if the same can be said for C24, while I would love having a new map, I disagree on the addition of this map.

This map has been used in almost every Impulse HL2RP server created,
As you said here it has been used by every hl2rp server (I believe also helix and CW have used this map a lot) and it is for a big reason, most players are already familiar with it, and its an overall complete and optimized map. I do understand that it can feel repetitive, but the highest peaks of players we had it was on that map, and new players have complained a lot because they simply dont wanna learn new maps for a community they don't know.
Still I understand your point and the way you disagree with it, just giving my point of view on this, as well as a map rotating system every few months or so would work nicely.

As much as I love i17, it's one of the most (if not the most) unoriginal map you can have for a hl2rp server. I'm not against it, but there are better choices than this one. Astronet is aiming to stand out.

I also want to encourage players to put other map suggestions here.

(Small edit here) I want people to see this more as a map rotation not inmediate map change, so the server has more maps to rely on

Last edited:
Reactions: Flowee
I personally think despite us wanting identity, it could be healthy to see other options at times. If we were to change I would prefer this map or i24, the willard industrial v1_5 one. We could do map change events for going to industrial sectors and cycle back and forth.

I am not against nor fully for the idea but I do believe players like those maps- that is why they end up repetitive. It’s preferred, I don’t think repetitive means bad. I do like our custom map so I think we could set up rotations and it would possibly encourage new players if we have changed scenery every now and then.

Last edited:
I personally think despite us wanting identity, it could be healthy to see other options at times. If we were to change I would prefer this map or i24, the willard c24 industrial v1_5 one. We could do map change events for going to industrial sectors and cycle back and forth.

I am not against nor fully for the idea but I do believe players like those maps- that is why they end up repetitive. It’s preferred, I don’t think repetitive means bad.
Map suggestion changed to I24, I have checked it and its just a straight up upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread