Accepted Raid protection readjustment suggestion

Jan 1, 2024
Spain
Raid protection should be readjusted and remain active even when the buildings owner is online.

Its been happening lately that new players are the target of larger and richer groups to the point in which they get tracked down to their base and raided just because its easy and funny to abuse new players or because they took some loot from someone belonging to a larger group.

New players should have raid protection always active. Independently from their game experience or online status, the possibility of getting raided by larger groups on an early phase is just unavoidable without raid protection.

Talking from my personal experience, I had members from my team wanting to raid a scrap base inside a barn just because the duo inside of it took a couple kits of swat gear from them. I tried to stop them to do so, but they didn't listen to me, getting inside the barn and breaking the beds from that duo, making them ragequit to probably never join again (or at least for a couple days). Luckily for the duo, they quitted the game on time before my teammates got to their lockers so they couldn't break it (which im sure they didn't do on purpose) and i dont think i have to mention what would've happened to their lockers and their loot if the poor duo stayed in the server 5 more minutes.

Situations like that have happened a lot and giving new players the chance to get raided removing their raid protection just because they are online and have the chance to defend on their own is not a helpful movement. since there will always be a gear difference and most likely a big skill gap in between the raider and the new player.

Last edited:
Reactions: Riot and Yeetmas
I'm fine with this change, however, one issue I see is that brand new groups to the servers that are fairly experienced in Unturned have quite an advantage with the raid protection being active online and offline. But if the community wants this change, we'll make it.

I'm fine with this change, however, one issue I see is that brand new groups to the servers that are fairly experienced in Unturned have quite an advantage with the raid protection being active online and offline. But if the community wants this change, we'll make it.
I believe that having the raid protection to be removed after 4 days since an user first logs in the server is fairly balanced and even reducing it to 3 days sounds still very fair and is a great help for the issue you brought on the table about experienced groups.

Users who are viewing this thread