Not open for further replies.
Apr 29, 2024
General Information

Discord Username: Sheriff
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:59731091
What rank are you applying for?: SqL

Questions

Why are you applying for this position?:

I want to help the server and have been told I could help with leadership. I also want to assist GRID, my favorite division, and have been told it’s not fully led right now. The current high command in place is exceptionally communicative and competent, having patrolled with them all, and are lacking support command to help them wrangle the units as well as coordinate effective responses and solutions on the server. Plus the community is genuinely filled with good people and this server has much more inclination to RP.

Why should we choose you over other applicants?:

Honesty and learning are my main aspects in life, I feel I could create a cooperative and beneficial experience for units both above and under my command, as well as a tight ship. I also appreciate capability and strive to help units by supporting and acknowledging those who show admirable traits deserving recognition to foster a loyal as well as a trained disciplined MPF core. And of course overall, I want to create a fun and unique experience for our units in any way I can and provide a means for them to connect to high command; I believe this is more likely through my past experiences in leadership as well. Lastly I am not inexperienced at pvp and have a long history with gmod’s physics and pvp, though I am nothing insane per my own judgement: I am capable and able to teach basic and even some advanced methods.

What prior experience do you have in leadership positions? (Doesn’t have to specifically be HL2RP):

I managed Aftershock HL2RP for a period and was the city administrator as well as Helix SqL, I co-led OTA on Hellzone for a period, I was DvL on Aftershock at one point and Lunar Gaming HL2RP and I also helped with management at a point in Lemonpunch’s lifespan. I helped create the first clockwork Star Wars RP, Axios Legion, and was the main instruction commander for training. I led Duty, Freedom, and the Ukrainian Military on a stalker RP server I co-owned (Sevilidan, then Ethereal Networks, then Fusion Networks) with Freedom being the largest faction in the server at my leading (max pop).

What kind of activity can we expect to see from you?:

Daily, I work from home and own a company with my father.

Do you have a working microphone?:

Discord yes, ingame no. I can easily purchase one, I have been trying to fix my astros to work again.

Scenarios

You’re in nexus and an i4 comes up screaming in your face and insulting you. What would you do in that situation?:

Inform the unit to suspend, verbally warn of behavior and punishment. If continuing, summon unit to armory or a respective empty designated area within the Nexus so we can speak in confidence. I would question and berate the unit and possibly issue a record warning depending on context and actions. If still uncooperative I would inform a DvL and after deliberation with them, if inclined to do so, deservice the unit and provide punishment based on circumstance again. (Possible blacklist, would most likely discuss with my DvL for assurance as well as the respective DvL of that division.) Thoroughness to avoid asset loss at any level, perhaps me speaking with them and the Divisionals beforehand will allow cooperation with the unit and finding what the main issue is.

An i3 is being non-cohesive on the radio, saying things like “idk lol” or “dude I just killed that citizen lmao”. How would you respond?:

Immediate suspension order. If continued, suspension order, order to 10-20 and command waypoint to a designated area once again as above. I will question the unit and if given a sufficient response, verbally warn. If the unit’s messages were massively disrupting and offensive or harmful; record warn and pass to higher supervisors or even admins if it was adjacent to failRP.

During a patrol an i4 arrests someone for the incorrect charges. They don't seem to know what they're doing very well. How would you correct them?:

Correct the unit and fix the charges, if not able to be fixed release the citizen. Explain to the unit the situation, charges and why you do so after questioning for context. I would then attach to the unit’s PT or them to mine for in field observance of cohesion.

You’re a DcO and an OfC loses his temper and deservices a unit for a minor infraction, which is against our rules. How would you punish the OfC?:

Since this is an officer, I would summon them via waypoint without radio intervention or order attachment to me if there personally, question the Officer and circumstance as well as reasoning, and provide a record strike if applicable as well as high command notification. (Which this question seems as if it is. Losing temper is not an excusable reason to do any action as a unit, especially officer.)

Last edited:
Reactions: CHEEKI-BREEKI_
Instead of just saying 1+ or -1 I'll explain the negatives of your application, as well as your positives

-
The prior position on other servers can be helpful, along with the great activity both ingame and on the forums, I've patrolled with this unit more than once, and can see potential in him, I also love how well typed the scenarios are.

-The only issue I have is the application seems just a little bit unfinished, don't get me wrong you filled the requirements, but I think there could be just a little more, an example would be the first 2 questions.

I wish to see you on the team soon after you fix up some of your easily made mistakes, I wish you the best of luck on the reviewing of your application.

Victor-7 | Hylix

Reactions: Sheriff
Instead of just saying 1+ or -1 I'll explain the negatives of your application, as well as your positives

-
The prior position on other servers can be helpful, along with the great activity both ingame and on the forums, I've patrolled with this unit more than once, and can see potential in him, I also love how well typed the scenarios are.

-The only issue I have is the application seems just a little bit unfinished, don't get me wrong you filled the requirements, but I think there could be just a little more, an example would be the first 2 questions.

I wish to see you on the team soon after you fix up some of your easily made mistakes, I wish you the best of luck on the reviewing of your application.

Victor-7 | Hylix
I appreciate the feedback and helpful criticism, I am out of state and on mobile as well as between meetings so that may have caused my lapse in judgement on the first two and when I had ample time I paid more attention to the others. Thank you.

• Haha
Reactions: Hylix
+1

I definitely agree with this guy becoming a SqL, he has proven capable, knowledgeable and a person who exhibits common sense.

Overwatch Commander, SPEAR-04

• Star Catcher
Reactions: Sheriff
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread