EOW - Elite Overwatch - 1200 XP + Whitelist
OVC - Overwatch Captain - 2000 XP + Whitelist
LDR - Leader - 4000 XP + Whitelist
ODL - Ordinal - 6000 XP + Whitelist
OWC - Overwatch Commander - 6500 XP + Whitelist

Rangers should get actual sniper rifles
OVC+ should be able to get scoped AR2's
Overwatch should be able to patrol during curfew at civil unrest
Overwatch should be able to leave nexus anytime as long as they stick to outlands during civil

no curfew please
please no promotion bs we dont need nepotism and corruption
ranger should be whitelisted for an application
we dont need 100000 ranks

no curfew please
please no promotion bs we dont need nepotism and corruption
ranger should be whitelisted for an application
we dont need 100000 ranks
Those are like 5 ranks..
And curfew actually means time etc is important and give CP's something to do
How will there be corruption and nepotism in a 'main' faction, it will just be kept in check by moderation and the person running the UU.
Sentinel should be a whitelist application

Those are like 5 ranks..
And curfew actually means time etc is important and give CP's something to do
How will there be corruption and nepotism in a 'main' faction, it will just be kept in check by moderation and the person running the UU.
Sentinel should be a whitelist application
whenever a server releases and it works on promotion based ranking up there will always be corruption and nepotism, i've seen so many people get promoted to a rank in 3 days when it usally takes a few weeks/months to get to it just because they were popular on other servers, that's also pretty dificult to detect if someone is nepotistic or corrupt

curfew will make citizen RP much more difficult because of the fact that some rebel/s went on a troll and trolled a bit too much to the point that ota have to respond, if you want ota to respond to city then either turn on jw or add fractured

those 5 ranks are really unnecessary, since there's no concept of promotion based ranking up on the server YET there is no use to have so many ranks, while yes grunt should be a rank but then EOW should be under a whitelist lock along with LDR, but i see no use for other authority ranks other than EOW and LDR

sentinel should NOT be a whitelist application, they're practically useless, since sentinels never respond to mpf/ota BSL's and their only purpose is to defend the CA, ranger should be whitelisted as it would be stupid to have 10 rangers on with one shot guns that take barely any skill to use

I guess you're right about rangers. Personally ranger should become a sniper unit and sentinel should be what ranger currently is, with the addition of guarding CA when ordered by their command.

I see your point about curfew, but at the same time I do think curfew would be neat.

Those 5 ranks allow for progression, as what CP's are currently doing is no better and I would personally say worse than your perceived corruption/nepotism.

I don't think we'll ever implement any kind of curfew for the city. Also, there's no need to have such high XP requirements for the whitelisted ranks. It should stop at 1,200 XP like the CP ranks. Let's say someone is doing exceptionally well and you want to promote them from OVC to LDR for example. 1,000 additional XP is quite a jump in play time. Aside from those two points, I do believe this is a decent suggestion. As for staying in the outlands, we'd be happy to allow for that, if the map had any kind of outland zone. Unfortunately Apex i17 does not.

whenever a server releases and it works on promotion based ranking up there will always be corruption and nepotism, i've seen so many people get promoted to a rank in 3 days when it usally takes a few weeks/months to get to it just because they were popular on other servers, that's also pretty dificult to detect if someone is nepotistic or corrupt

curfew will make citizen RP much more difficult because of the fact that some rebel/s went on a troll and trolled a bit too much to the point that ota have to respond, if you want ota to respond to city then either turn on jw or add fractured

those 5 ranks are really unnecessary, since there's no concept of promotion based ranking up on the server YET there is no use to have so many ranks, while yes grunt should be a rank but then EOW should be under a whitelist lock along with LDR, but i see no use for other authority ranks other than EOW and LDR

sentinel should NOT be a whitelist application, they're practically useless, since sentinels never respond to mpf/ota BSL's and their only purpose is to defend the CA, ranger should be whitelisted as it would be stupid to have 10 rangers on with one shot guns that take barely any skill to use

Rangers could be also limited for the faction (example no more than 2-3 rangers can be on at a time)

I agree with the ranking structure that seqelb proposed here.

I think also more divisions could be made such as the Elite be a division with whitelist, as well as having a APC division would be nice for events and stuff like that

OTA should have a proper rank structure like CP's do. It should go;

OWG - Overwatch grunt - 500 XP
OWS - Overwatch soldier - 1000 XP
EOW - Elite Overwatch - 1200 XP + Whitelist
OVC - Overwatch Captain - 2000 XP + Whitelist
LDR - Leader - 4000 XP + Whitelist
ODL - Ordinal - 6000 XP + Whitelist
OWC - Overwatch Commander - 6500 XP + Whitelist

Rangers should get actual sniper rifles
OVC+ should be able to get scoped AR2's
Overwatch should be able to patrol during curfew at civil unrest
Overwatch should be able to leave nexus anytime as long as they stick to outlands during civil
+1 I agree also I feel like we should do the same for City Admin because people can minge can switch the city code for fun.

+1 I agree also I feel like we should do the same for City Admin because people can minge can switch the city code for fun.
You have staff to stop CA's from abusing

This is accurate. the ranks could be a benefit for the server in the long run.

Ranks are good
CA should have guards, he's a reason for CU and a figurehead
Sentinel does not need a whitelist
Curfew is dumb
What Outlands? SB?

Ranks are good
CA should have guards, he's a reason for CU and a figurehead
Sentinel does not need a whitelist
Curfew is dumb
What Outlands? SB?
Well the map will expand so there will be outlands
CA should get guards but not a guarding division and should be at the discretion of OTA leadership
^In the event of the above sentinel would become an elite division like the CP's have
Curfew is dumb but also adds a little more to RP and makes apartments actually valuable and meaningful

I skimmed through some of the great discussion being had on this thread and I wanted to make a few quick points.

Nepotism:
I understand the desire to play on a server where everyone has a fair chance of getting to a good rank. I am willing to oversee and have checks in place to ensure fair promotions are being conducted on the CP and OTA team; if players want this I could make this happen.

Curfew:
I will not be advising @Imperial Knight on the implementation of a curfew. Of course, he has every right to implement the feature, however our management team is not hot on the idea so it won't likely be added.

Ranger Limit:
I fully agree that there should be a job limit on the RANGER faction. Impulse and Landis both had a limit on the RANGER faction and I found it to be good for the health and balance of the team. In my humble opinion, I think the max amount of RANGERS that can be on at a given moment should be between 3-4.

Thanks everyone for leaving your comments on this thread! We appreciate getting feedback from the community :)

In my humble opinion, RANGER would never have above 1-2 on at once, firstly this will be due to the XP requirement, secondly once the OTA leadership is and the desire to gain a promotion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread