Needs Consolidation Overwatch New divisions & models.

Civil Protection

Apr 28, 2024
So I have been thinking about this a lot and to be honest I could not live without this on the server because the server is too good on OTA there should be spike wall suppressor ordinal and grunt make it a half life Alyx server why I think this is there are no factions and stuff there are only soldier elit and mace please consider this as it is in my opinion a very good idea yours sincerely Gunther Muller-Civil Protection

Yeah but with all due respect it doesn’t make sense because having the name wallhammer and it just shows a soldier doesn’t look that appealing
You would have different models that resemble more hl2 ota

So I have been thinking about this a lot and to be honest I could not live without this on the server because the server is too good on OTA there should be spike wall suppressor ordinal and grunt make it a half life Alyx server why I think this is there are no factions and stuff there are only soldier elit and mace please consider this as it is in my opinion a very good idea yours sincerely Gunther Muller-Civil Protection
+1 I agree they should add them but one thing they should add is the other ranks like OWG, OWS, EOW ETC.

A common argument I see with suggestions like this is "This isn't Half Life Alyx RP", or "these addons are bloatware". If it was half life alyx roleplay, then we wouldn't have things like the original Half Life 2 Overwatch Soldier models, or any of the original citizen/rebel models or original weapons. Adding a couple of overwatch units from half life alyx doesn't completely transform the gamemode. Second, if you want to consider an addon to be "bloatware", then it would have to be a significantly large addon that gives nothing to the server. HL:A Models would add new forms of gameplay and roleplay to the server, for the OTA faction. It would bring new weapons, new types of PVP engagements, and a new and interesting atmosphere over what the Original Impulse HL2RP had to offer. What I want to make clear here is that we are not trying to be exactly like any other server, especially not the original Impulse. We're trying to form this server in our own image, and in Larson's words, stand out, not stand in. Thank you.

Reactions: Elsker
+1 I agree they should add them but one thing they should add is the other ranks like OWG, OWS, EOW ETC.
These are planned in the upcoming OTA overhaul, as well as Whitelisted Supervisor ranks.

A common argument I see with suggestions like this is "This isn't Half Life Alyx RP", or "these addons are bloatware". If it was half life alyx roleplay, then we wouldn't have things like the original Half Life 2 Overwatch Soldier models, or any of the original citizen/rebel models or original weapons. Adding a couple of overwatch units from half life alyx doesn't completely transform the gamemode. Second, if you want to consider an addon to be "bloatware", then it would have to be a significantly large addon that gives nothing to the server. HL:A Models would add new forms of gameplay and roleplay to the server, for the OTA faction. It would bring new weapons, new types of PVP engagements, and a new and interesting atmosphere over what the Original Impulse HL2RP had to offer. What I want to make clear here is that we are not trying to be exactly like any other server, especially not the original Impulse. We're trying to form this server in our own image, and in Larson's words, stand out, not stand in. Thank you.
HLA models would not match with the citizen, CP and OTA models that we have right now, and you want everything to match in terms of quality if you're making a server.

With the form I made as well as more feedback from other players I think Overwatch players would love to have these 3 new divisions. (WH | APF | APC)

I cant count the amount of times players have asked me for this to be added to the faction, so I searched some options that can be used for models.

I'd also like to mention that I believe this divisions should be added 1 by 1 slowly to the game and not all of them in 1 update.

WALLHAMMER

OvC
1720405704165.png

LDR

1720405612506.png

ODL

1720405734538.png

APF

OvC

1720405753125.png

LDR

1720405815964.png

ODL
1720405761075.png

KING

ODL

1720406484946.png

owc

1720406660259.png

LINKS

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3103680516&searchtext=Ordinal -----> OWC | WH OvC & ODL | APF OvC & ODL

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3190316239 ---> King Skins

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2473879362&searchtext=willard ---> APF LDR | WH LDR

Models for each rank can change but I think this ones are a pretty good look with the map.

TY for taking the time reading this suggestion and please leave your opinion below.

(small note: I really dont know what model APC division could be using havent been able to find one that really fits the division.)

CHEEKI-BREEKI_ | ODL.FIST-0

Reactions: Sheriff
I agree with Seq here, still this is all subject to change, i just posted this that could fit for models.

And now that I think about it changing it to this kinda has a structure with WH following a black OvC | Blue LDR | Red ODL

Me personally I would keep the basic model form HLA just in case this divisions are aviable to EOW
Enough yapping thx for your guys opinion and support!

(Another thing to point out is that some of this models have bodygroups like the OWC one, meaning their helmet, armour... can change)

Last edited:
Reactions: Sheriff

Users who are viewing this thread