Semi-Permanent Housing

How would you guys feel if you were able to rent out in-game property (with tokens) over the course of real life days? We want to give people who work on the server a chance to own something to their name. We also have an idea of allowing people's props to be perma'd within their space. Thoughts?

This is a hard thing to implement to be a good feature, but if done properly, it can lead to an amazing boost in the quality of roleplay for everyone on the server. However, I have a couple of problems or questions to write down that need to be thought of and addressed if something like this is to be implemented.

1, Can just anyone buy these buildings?
- Can a newer player be able to buy the property without actual need nor intention of running a business of any kind and leave it there what will be done to prevent that?

2, Any Off-Line activity for the rest of the players in these buildings?
- Everyone go offline, sometimes for longer during active hours and this leaves rented buildings just standing there, perhaps being able to share this property with other people to keep the building fully in use, perhaps creating small companies which can be further evolved into the RP
- Player-made vendors? Okay, this one is a stretch, but if there were a properly made business, I could imagine having the same kind of vendor stationed in the business to sell the stored product. However, this is rather questionable.

Other then that...

PLEASE LET ME HAVE A PERMA COOKIE SHOP +1

Like Tryki said I think it’s hard to implement and presents an issue with offline players. Perhaps one person could be the original owner and others are able to share the housing with them and add their own props at any time. I think it would be easier to do a housing system where you use terminals and are assigned a housing, with one for the loyalist block that only CP can access, and up to 2-3 can be assigned the same housing if full.

This does not mean I disagree but rather put it into consideration; were we to find a happy medium I think this system would be far more immersive and make houses feel actually used by long term residents- also giving the impression that some residents just disappear or fade away and change out. A real dystopian controlled society type of vibe. So either option I like, just this one would require careful balancing that I am not fully sure how to do.

Reactions: Elsker
This is a hard thing to implement to be a good feature, but if done properly, it can lead to an amazing boost in the quality of roleplay for everyone on the server. However, I have a couple of problems or questions to write down that need to be thought of and addressed if something like this is to be implemented.

1, Can just anyone buy these buildings?
- Can a newer player be able to buy the property without actual need nor intention of running a business of any kind and leave it there what will be done to prevent that?

2, Any Off-Line activity for the rest of the players in these buildings?
- Everyone go offline, sometimes for longer during active hours and this leaves rented buildings just standing there, perhaps being able to share this property with other people to keep the building fully in use, perhaps creating small companies which can be further evolved into the RP
- Player-made vendors? Okay, this one is a stretch, but if there were a properly made business, I could imagine having the same kind of vendor stationed in the business to sell the stored product. However, this is rather questionable.

Other then that...

PLEASE LET ME HAVE A PERMA COOKIE SHOP +1
The semi-permanent building options would be the minority. The "buy a building and lose it when you disconnect" type of system will be in the majority. Also, players who decide to leave the community for a week or so after renting a building will have their bank account slowly drained. I think it's a good thing when users have their money drained away sometimes because it removes money from the ecosystem, which makes it more valuable, however, I did propose to Imperial a feature for the housing system where players can have a rent term limit-- a point in which you lose the property early and not have all your money gone when you return to the community.

The semi-permanent building options would be the minority. The "buy a building and lose it when you disconnect" type of system will be in the majority. Also, players who decide to leave the community for a week or so after renting a building will have their bank account slowly drained. I think it's a good thing when users have their money drained away sometimes because it removes money from the ecosystem, which makes it more valuable, however, I did propose to Imperial a feature for the housing system where players can have a rent term limit-- a point in which you lose the property early and not have all your money gone when you return to the community.

I feel like this is the worst way to handle it. Regarding the rentable property, I would rather have an amount of money you can deposit into a property terminal, which will "NOT TAKE MONEY OUT OF YOUR PERSONAL ACCOUNT," but will instead shut down once the machine out of money.

Additionally, if you wish to help the server's economy, I believe it isn't possible to do so in small steps. You would have to rework it all at once in one quick change. You have much more knowledge about how the system could actually work, but I'm saying that there is a lot that could break by trying to do it this way, and people might not be the happiest about it.

Reactions: Elsker
I feel like this is the worst way to handle it. Regarding the rentable property, I would rather have an amount of money you can deposit into a property terminal, which will "NOT TAKE MONEY OUT OF YOUR PERSONAL ACCOUNT," but will instead shut down once the machine out of money.
I think this way is better than I originally had thought. Yeah, if players can pre-pay it can avoid having their entire bank account drained when they have to be away from the game

Users who are viewing this thread